1. Two TVs, an end table, two bowls and two paintings were stolen from a locked home in the 7500 block of East Francis Court between 6:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. Nov. 4. The suspect(s) broke into the home through a lock box on the front door. A lady’s three-stone, anniversary-style ring, which did not belong to the victim, was found in the driveway and was placed into evidence. Total loss is estimated at $975.
2. A 49-year-old Franklin woman was taken into custody for first-degree recklessly endangering safety for stabbing a man with a paring knife after he tried to break up a fight between the suspect and her 26-year-old daughter in the 6400 block of South 35th Street at 1:45 a.m. Oct. 18. The woman picked up the knife to defend herself from her daughter, and the man was stabbed while trying to separate them. The 26-year-old woman was also taken into custody for domestic violence/battery for hitting her mother, pulling her hair and biting her during the fight. The two were apparently fighting because the daughter was angry with her mother for not picking up her two children from the babysitter.
3. A 26-year-old Franklin man was taken into custody for domestic violence/substantial battery and strangulation for physically assaulting his sister in the 6400 block of South 35th Street at about 2:45 a.m. Nov. 3. The victim suffered a possible broken rib and bruising.
4. A 24-year-old man was taken into custody for disorderly conduct after he allegedly came home drunk or on drugs and assaulted his grandfather in the 6000 block of West Hillside Court at 3:30 a.m. Nov. 5. The man injured his grandfather by pushing him to the floor, grabbing his wrist and kicking him in the leg, causing bruises and other injuries.
5. A 45-year-old West Allis man was taken into custody for possession of heroin and cocaine during a traffic stop in the 7200 block of South 27th Street at about 4:45 a.m. Nov. 4. He was also cited for having open intoxicants in a vehicle and driving with a suspended license. Two passengers in his vehicle, a 24-year-old Oak Creek woman and a 23-year-old woman, were both cited for having open intoxicants in a vehicle, and the 24-year-old woman was taken into custody for having a warrant through Winnebago County.
6. Someone used a BB gun to shoot two holes in two front windows of a residence in the 3700 block of West Southland Drive between Oct. 22 and Nov. 5.
7. A 31-year-old man was taken into custody and cited for disorderly conduct after he was found sleeping inside a random vehicle after court was finished at the City of Franklin Police Department, 9455 W. Loomis Road, at 10:20 a.m. Nov. 2.
8. Two men, ages 35 and 34, were cited for firing a gun within city limits on West Ryan Road and South 116th Street after a woman reported someone shooting at a duck fired a shot near her parked vehicle at about 8:10 a.m. Nov. 5. The two hunters both admitted hunting east of 116th Street and stated they believed the land was part of the Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewerage District land for bird/shotgun hunting.
Compiled from Franklin Police Department reports