1. A man shoplifted a $100 speaker by grabbing it and running out the fire exit at Walmart, 5301 S. 76th St., at 8:35 p.m. Oct. 29. The suspect was last seen running toward Ridgedale Apartments.
2. A man shoplifted merchandise at Boston Store, 5300 S. 76th St., jumped into a green Pontiac and struck several vehicles while backing up and speeding out of the lot at about 10:20 a.m. Nov. 3. A witness gave police the license plate number of the suspect’s vehicle, and police cited him for shoplifting. He was also cited for obstructing after he tried to tell police he was the victim of a carjacking.
3. Someone broke into a green Jeep parked outside Buca di Beppo, 5300 S. 76th St., and damaged the ignition in an attempt to steal it at about 4:40 p.m. Nov. 3.
4. Seven adults were cited for shoplifting at Southridge Mall, 5300 S. 76th St., between Oct. 28 and Nov. 3.
5. A man was taken into custody for domestic violence/battery for allegedly grabbing his ex-wife by the arm and shaking her during a child custody exchange in the 6700 block of Catalpa Street at about 2:45 p.m. Oct. 28.
6. A woman who called 911 to request police remove two people from her home in the 5600 block of Root River Drive was taken into custody for domestic violence/disorderly conduct after she admitted punching both people before calling 911at about 4:30 a.m. Oct. 30.
7. A woman was cited for disorderly conduct for hitting a coworker in the head with a telephone at an assisted living facility in the 6800 block of West Loomis Road at 4:45 a.m. Nov. 1.
8. A woman was taken into custody for second-offense OWI on Northway and Broad Street at 3:25 p.m. Oct. 30.
9. A man was taken into custody for third-offense OWI and driving with a revoked license after his vehicle was involved in a two-car collision on West Grange Avenue and West Loomis Road at about 8:05 p.m. Nov. 3. He was also cited for failure to keep a vehicle under control and a driver’s license restriction violation. A preliminary breath test indicated a blood alcohol content of 0.13.
10. Someone set fire to a book sharing library on a property at the intersection of Northway and Westway at about 2:15 a.m. Oct. 30. The Greendale Fire Department put out the fire.
Compiled by Greendale Police Department reports