- A Honda snow blower was stolen out of an open garage in the 10100 block of West Scepter Circle between 3 and 7 p.m. Dec. 29.
- A catalytic converter was stolen off a 2000 Honda Accord at Home Depot, 6489 S 27th St., between 1 and 4 p.m. Dec. 27.
- An employee’s cellphone was stolen at Sam’s Club, 6705 S. 27th St., at about 12:25 p.m. Dec. 28. Surveillance footage showed a customer stole the phone after the employee set it down on a shelf.
- A 5-foot-9-inch man with a goatee shoplifted three kitchen faucets, valued at $1,157, at Lowe’s, 7027 S. 27th St. at about 1:45 p.m. Dec. 29.
- A wallet containing personal identification and $100 was stolen out of a customer’s shopping cart at Walmart, 6701 S. 27th St., at about 10:55 p.m. Dec. 30.
- A 31-year-old Milwaukee man was cited for shoplifting $299 worth of merchandise at Home Depot, 6489 S. 27th St., at about 5:30 p.m. Jan. 2.
- A 28-year-old Milwaukee man was taken into custody for domestic violence/battery after police saw him punching his girlfriend in the face and head inside their room at the Park Motel, 7273 S. 27th St., at about 10:10 p.m. Dec. 27. His girlfriend, a 34-year-old Milwaukee woman, was also taken into custody and cited for vandalism for taking a painting off the wall and throwing it at her boyfriend, which is allegedly how the fight started. Police also took another occupant in the room, a 44-year-old Milwaukee man, into custody for disorderly conduct and resisting. The man, who was high on crack cocaine and alcohol, refused to identify himself, cursed at officers and tried to kick out the back window of a police squad with his feet and break the partition with his head.
- A 33-year-old man was cited for disorderly conduct for pushing and punching a 27-year-old man in the parking lot at Walmart, 6701 S. 27th St., at about 1:05 p.m. Jan. 2. The two men started arguing in the parking lot after one of the men felt the other man, who was parking his vehicle, got too close to him as he was loading his purchases into his car.
- A 33-year-old woman was taken into custody for domestic violence/battery for hitting and biting her husband in the 3300 block of West Yorkshire Circle at 1:40 p.m. Jan. 2. The attack occurred on Jan. 1, and police went to the home and questioned the couple after the wife called police to report her husband attacked her.
- A 26-year-old Milwaukee man was taken into custody for possession of marijuana and open intoxicants in a vehicle after he was pulled over and cited for speeding in the 8400 block of South 27th Street at 2:20 a.m. Jan. 1.
- A 33-year-old woman is facing possible charges of possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia after her boyfriend found her unconscious inside their room at the Park Motel, 7273 S. 27th St., at about 8:15 p.m. Jan. 1. The boyfriend told police she may have overdosed on heroin. She was taken to the hospital for treatment and ordered in for booking.
- A 71-year-old man was taken into custody for OWI on West Hunting Park Drive and South 51st Street at about 7 p.m. Dec. 30. A preliminary breath test indicated a blood alcohol content of 0.23.
- A 46-year-old Racine man was taken into custody for OWI and carrying a concealed weapon (firearm) while intoxicated on South 76th Street and West County Line Road at about 3:45 a.m. Dec. 31. A preliminary breath test indicated a BAC of 0.18.
- A 52-year-old man was taken into custody for third-offense OWI and driving with a revoked license at La Toscana, 8405 S. 27th St., at about 10:30 p.m. Dec. 31. A preliminary breath test indicated a BAC of 0.12.
- A 38-year-old Franklin man was taken to Froedtert Hospital after being struck by a vehicle while he was walking across the street at West Forest Home Avenue and South North Cape Road at 5:10 p.m. Jan. 1. Police questioned the driver, who was not impaired at the time of the accident, and tentatively determined the man crossed West Forest Home Avenue while traffic had a green light. He suffered several broken ribs, a punctured lung and bleeding on the brain.
- A tire was reported slashed on a 2004 Chevy Venture van parked in the 7500 block of South Nottingham Way at 10:45 a.m. Dec. 28.
- Two windows were broken out on the south side of Steam Cleaning & Sterilization Inc., 3128 W. Ryan Road, at about 9:25 p.mm. Dec. 31. Damage is estimated at $200.
- Police went to the 9400 block of South 33rd Street after a 911 caller reported an intoxicated male wearing a dark-colored hooded jacket tried to knock his neighbor’s mailbox over at about 9:30 p.m. Police received two more 911 calls reporting the same man was vandalizing other mailboxes with a bat, throwing items and yelling at passing vehicles. While checking the area police found nine mailboxes and two vehicles were vandalized between West Ryan Road and West Thorncrest Drive from South 33rd Street to South 46th Street.
- Police received a report that a 22-year-old male employee at Domino’s Pizza, 7190 S. 76th St., openly carried a handgun into the business and waved it around at about 9:45 p.m. Dec. 27.
- A 57-year-old man was taken into custody and cited for disorderly conduct after he was seen urinating on the side of Quick Chek, 8305 S. 27th St., at 11:05 a.m. Dec. 31.
Compiled from Franklin Police Department reports